Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Insert pictures of cute amphibious creatures

If you haven't notices the lack of photos of the progress of my fingerless gloves then here is the explanation. I couldn't decide on which picture of a cute amphibious creature to put in it's place. It was a hidden dropped stitch that triggered the first round of "frogging". It was followed by two or three more rounds and now that I am a couple of rows short of finished I here the call of the frog again. Never fear I can and will finish my pair of fingerless gloves. I will finish at least one pair of socks a hat, and a scarf. I will. I am even looking at shoes to go with my socks. Although I have finally decided to commit to a pair of Vibrum Five Finger, I can spin just like barefoot.  

This weekend is the Renaissance Garb workshop/barbeque.  I have to make my language handouts still and figure out if I need more tables.  I have one for my sewing maching one for cutting and one for ironing. There might be at least one other sewing machine. 

 It's the start of our entertaining season.  The home brew is done.  We are actually calculating if we need to brew another batch before All Hallow Eve.  It's very drinkable and I don't like beer so that's saying something.  You couldn't get any fresher hops.  We had to stop the brewing process to go out in the yard and pick hops.  It's better than the last batch we brewed.  The apple pie is mellowing and we have the shopping list for BevMo

I promise more jewelry on Etsy and pictures of the workshop.  Monday I think all I am going to do is knit.  Saying that I will probably have a spinning student show up.  I think I have enough needles to start all of my projects and have them running simultaneously.  That would be a hoot.  It would keep the goal in front of me and maybe keep me on track.  Or freak me out with the amount of work I have to do.   There are only 30 days till S.O.A.R.   I think it's time to sign off and cast on. 



No comments: