Monday, September 15, 2008

When I'm not working



A few years ago I was planning out my Halloween costume and I put the idea in my head I needed a creepy weird head dress. My husband suggested using the Gothic plastic fencing for one of those Halloween displays they have every year at the craft store. We looked and looked and couldn't find one we liked so the search went on. This year as soon as the Halloween decorations hit the store shelves, I ran out to the craft store and took one look at the fencing and got inspired. And so the Halloween tiara was made. It is hand crafted out of sterling silver. I am thinking of adding some jewels to it like tiny faceted beads. Kind of like dew drops on a spiderweb. I'd photograph it on but it blends in with my silver hair. It's very light and delicate and makes me feel like a pretty pretty princess or the queen of the spinners. Whatever it makes me smile.

I finished one of my several projects I am making for S.O.A.R. well not really finished but they are knitted and felted. I still need to embellish. I can't quite decide on vines and flowers or acorns and oak leaves. Saying that, there is a large number of people rolling their eyes and shaking their heads who already know the answer. Until they get prettied up i refer to my fingerless gloves as "monkey paws".

This week has to be the hat and scarf week which leaves me the sock week before my trip. Wish me luck. I have a lot of spinning to do before I can start to knit... unless I make a matching hat and and scarf. That's a concept no one's ever thought of.

After I get back from S.O.A.R. I am gearing up for a major jewelry make-a- thon. I have been designing some very interesting pieces and plan to re-work some of my older pieces.

Lastly, now that I have my Halloween tiara I've started my next fun piece: Steampunk goggles. Think well worn bomber jacket brown leather and brass rivets. What is Steampunk? Stay tuned I will post MY Steampunk quiz. You may be a Steampunk too.





No comments: