Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Here it is 12:05 and the new year has just rung in. Why am I on the confounded computer blogging? Hubbins went to bed about an hour ago. I can't do any packing I am officially more than half way done with my knitting project (it's coming along nicely thanks for asking) and I didn't go to bed last night. I am seriously thinking about going to sleep. In my bed. Horizontally configured. I have a big day tomorrow.

I did a box count and got the measurements of the furniture and called up that third moving company. They gave us a good bid and promised a smooth move and we think the third time is the charm. We are scheduled to be loaded on Monday. That gives us Thursday, Friday and Saturday to finish up and organize our lives. The deciding factor was the 30 days free storage if needed. That gives us the luxury of maybe having them load up, we can give it a once over to clean and then take off the next day headed north. We are seriously considering buying extra insurance for protection. I have read too many horror stories on the Internet about moving companies.

My new company had to reissue the offer letter and I will probably have to take the drug test again (I can pass one of those any day of the week) and I would start the following Monday. Have I mentioned lately that 2009 is all about the new? Let's take inventory again. New Year, new home in a new town in a new state with a new job for a new company and I will be wearing new clothes if everything I bought in the past month still fits. Stress+Holidays+lack of sleep+careless living=extra pounds on the middle. My old clothes still are too big and once I get settled it will come off again plus more.

Part of my personal bailout plan is to invest in some exercise equipment. Something versatile and unisex, like a BowFlex. I can pay for most of it with AMEX points, or maybe the whole thing when I pay off Amex. I will be motivated by adding a pounds lost to my blog. Maybe something like pounds of fleece washed spun or dyed and number of pounds shed. I am sort of toying with getting a 2nd piece of equipment like the Bowflex stair climber. I could be doing my 20 minutes three times a week on one machine while Hubbins does his on the other and then we can switch. It would be nice to have more energy and less bulk and maybe by Spring a spring in my step. And stamina to walk all over the place to all those fun historic place we are surrounded by. Since I probably won't be going to Disneyland when I reach that next X99lbs mark I will have to think of something fun to do. I know! I can get a Nintendo Wii fit! Tomorrows goal is to drink a whole bunch of water and flush out all the salt that has me puffed up tonight. I'll weigh in and start "fresh".

Tomorrow I will tell you all about my future art/ jewelry project. Remind me also to tell you about the fun Power of Attraction stuff that has been happening. If I hadn't mentioned it before I am one of those. No, not Oprah fanatics, but followers of the Power of Attraction philosophy. I have some fun storied of things that have happened. More of that later. Right now while the Craig Ferguson theme plays in the background I am switching off the Tele and going to sleep. My motto for this year is "Back in line in 2009" which includes financial stability, sleeping during normal sleeping hours, the bathroom scale going in the decreasing direction, more craft work and making money at it. And learning how to interact with people in person again.

OK step 1 TV off (check)
step 2 drink some water (to get the sodium flush started) (check)
step 3 going to bed and getting 8 hours sleep ..... Ferguson's show is a re-run anyway.

No comments: