Tuesday, March 3, 2009

New Projects

Well I spent a good part of Sunday putting my shop together. I am still missing a few key pieces but that will work itself out. I have found a huge chunk of my books and inspiration is hovering above me. I must rise and meet it face to face.

I am a lot like a raven or a magpie. I get distracted by shiney objects. Which makes being a crafter interesting, especially when you make jewelry. I have a few jewelry demons starting to bubble up from the depths. My major issue is that they are PMC demons. My kiln is 1200 miles away and I'm out of Hot Pot fuel. I hear you, why not just use generic gel fuel? I tried that several months ago and I didn't like the results. I might have to buck up and get my torch going. I have fuel. I have a brand spanking new charcoal block and even a rotating firing surface. I even have PMC. Sounds like a plan.

Speaking of plans, I have an opportunity to get my name out. The local Chamber of Commerce is having a Small Business Expo in two weeks. I need literature, examples and my DBA and resale. The DBA is proving to be the most difficult. I have support here though. The devine Ms. K is urging me to start teaching. She's eager to learn. I am so glad that I have found crafty people out here.

I've started a new knitting project. I've finished my last one this week, another pair of socks. They are the best fitting yet. I also signed myself up for a sock torture experiment. Not really, but I did buy into the Knit Picks 12 months of socks. All of the yarns ar beautiful and the patterns are gorgeous! My main issue is they are all knit from the toe up. I don't do those. I hate the cast on. I am though going to become an expert. I have 12 pair or 24 socks to get good. I will be very good and I am always up for a challenge.

Well it's time to cast on some zzzzzz and get to sleep.

No comments: