Sunday, March 22, 2009

Bearing the torch

Well I got my torches up and running today. I tried out my soldering torch and made a bezel. I tried out a new fire scale preventor. It worked great. I also got the glass torch set up. I made a few beads. That's progress in getting the shop up and running. I am anxiously awaiting my kiln to arrive from San Diego. It's looking like May or June. I'll have to stick PMC silver until then, using my torch or hot pot to fire my goodies.

I designed a few new pieces. They are still just demons in my head but I have put a few on paper. I'm thinking of a long weekend or two to get them out. They should be some pretty awesome pieces.

I am playing with cold connections. I spent part of my morning checking gauge of wire and size of hole and made a bunch of rivets. I'm pretty pleased with myself. I have to get some copper sheet to play with. There's a bracelet trying to bust it's way out of my creative box.

My sea urchins arrived. They will make really cool textures for PMC. I'm going to make a mold of them so that I can get a positive image. I am excited!!

My socks from the toe up is starting slow. I have the toe done, that's the hard part. I just needed to find the packing tape to fortify my pattern print out so that I can take it with me on the road. You know like if we get snowed in. Don't laugh. It might be spring everywhere else but we are expecting a blizzard tomorrow. They say we might get 8 to 18 inches depending on the weather report. I'm thinking of bringing the s'more maker to work to raise some spirits.

If you haven't heard, starting April first everything in my Etsy store is 30% off. April is my birthday and I wanted to share it with everybody. So If you have been ogling that special yarn or jewelry piece it's the time to buy. Don't forget Mother's Day is coming up. Get mom a special gift. I do custom work - "convo" me in Alchemy. I'll make you something special.

No comments: