Thursday, February 19, 2009

Damn You KnitPicks!


I love to knit. One of my favorite things to knit is socks. This evening I opened my email up and there is the most recent sales mails from KnitPicks taunting me with their new sock yarns. The email asked me to choose between the "Spring/Summer" collection and the "Fall/Winter" collection. Choose?? I have to choose? I can't make life altering decisions like that! In protest I refused to decide between the two yarn collections an purchased one of each. There! That showed them! Anyway it was a bargain. The balls of yarn came out to about $4.50 each which is very very reasonable and that makes it $9.00 a pair. That's even reasonable.

Let's see. We have some catching up to do. I got back from Tucson and went right back to work. I seem to be getting better at my job. That makes me feel better. I hate not knowing what to do. At the home base I have been setting up my workshop. I also have had requests for classes. That in itself is exciting. I need to clean out the front studio as it is much warmer than my workshop. I could hold classes in the dining room but that's not professional. I really am craving my kiln since Tucson. I purchased all the goodies for PMC Bronze. I got to speak to the Rio Grande people and they showed me an example of things to come. This year we anxiously await PMC Copper!!! OOOOOOOh baby! That's gonna be great!

Tucson was a very interesting experience this year. It was definitely an exchange of ideas. We stopped off at the Art Clay World room and actually gave THEM some tips on using photo polymer plates. For those of you who use pad printers will be very familiar with these. And if you make photo positives with your laser printer and use products like "Ultimate Black" you already have the tools to make really great impressions.

I have a new appreciation for soldering and welding. I already have my tanks of gas and new soldering blocks ready to go. I just need to clean up my bench. Hubbins has been a real doll helping me get organized. He put up peg board and shelves above my work bench. He also let me indulge in two new tool boxes at the show. One is a mini Jewelry bench. Speaking of Jewelers benches we found a perfect solid wood desk at the local resale store up in Sheridan that was only $55! What a steal! then they gave it to us for half price. Awesome!

I will post my class schedule online as well as a list of projects and supplies as soon as I am ready.
Well Letterman is on. While it's on an hour earlier than it was in California and I for some reason can't seem to stay up late like I used to. I'm a 10-6 sleeper now a days. No more 2am-7am as was my usual. Thank goodness for DVRs or I would never see Craig Ferguson!

No comments: