Monday, February 2, 2009

Out of the icebox into the frying pan

I have lived in Wyoming now for three weeks. I have seen snow and ice. Tomorrow I am going to Tucson for the big gem and mineral show. I have not rubbed it in to my chilly breathren and I feel guilty for going on vacation only three weeks into a new job but hey - it's a business trip.

I have a jam packed week filled with classes, meeting with wholesalers, shopping, and rubbing elbows with the uber creative artsy crowd. I am looking forward to getting touchy-feely with the tools at the Rio Grande Catalog in Motion, running my fingers through all of the hanks of beads at J.O.G.S. and hunting for bargains at Electric Park and seeing what's hot at the Manning House and to bead true blue. I made some friends last year and hope to see my friends at Goddess and Vintaj. They are the Reeses peanut butter cups of the hand made jewelry artist set. Put Vintaj dragonfly on a Goddess leaf and voila! Art!

Also on the docket is the Steve Poltz show my first night at Club Congress. He is backed up by the duo who call themselves the Cynics. I know them as Christopher Hoffee and Patrick Dennis formerly known as the Truckee Brothers. Friends from my days in San Diego which all seem so long a go. Sunday I will have been gone for a month.

Well I know it's not 1:30 and Craig Ferguson is not on the Tele but I have a plane to catch in about 9 hours and I still have to pack!! I will be attempting to live blog from the show so say tuned!!

No comments: