Sunday, August 10, 2008

It's about time to be gettin' knittin'

Fall is upon us in a few months. I will be going to Spin-Off Magazine's Autumn Retreat (S.O.A.R.) this year in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania I'm thinking they won't be having the warm Santa Ana winds that we have in Southern California. I can use a new pair of fingerless gloves, a few pair of hand spun, hand knit, socks maybe a hat possibly a scarf. In six weeks? Yeah right! We'll see. I'm good under pressure.

I realize I'm a week behind on the website too. I'm still trying to decide what this month's special will be. I want at least a dozen items up for sale in the store today or at least by tomorrow. I have a few new items that aren't even photographed yet I want to get out there. I'm really digging the artful knitting tool kits I've put together. They come with a tape measure, yarn needle, stitch markers, row counter, tip protectors and a needle gauge. They are all OOAK and would make lovely birthday, anniversary, Christmas, back to school or congratulations on finishing your first knitted project gift.

Well I can move Viking chain off my drawing board. I have been playing with several techniques and it's fun and easy. There will be some examples for sale soon. It's really quite lovely - kind of like naalbinding with wire.

I've had a request to have a Renaissance Garb workshop so we will hold one. It will be on a Sunday in September. It's for people who need either help making, designing, or tuning up on their renaissance faire garb or just craft moral support. It is fun to group craft. The exact date to be announced but if you are interested email me at workshops@glenoaksdesigns.com. Limited space available.

No comments: