Sunday, October 5, 2008

I finally made it!!

After more than a decade of spinning I finally did it. I made it to S.O.A.R.. I have been spinning since the early 90's and have read Spin-Off magazine for longer. Every year I would read about their Autumn Retreat and dream of going myself. I almost made it last year but finances and not being able to get the time off of work kept me away. One of the other years I had a chance to go it was going on Halloween. I don't miss Halloween. This has been my first chance to go and possibly my only chance so here I am !!

The trip out to Pennsylvania was nice. My BFF M and I flew out cross country changed planes in Philly and hopped the puddle jumper to Scranton where we rented a car and drove to the Poconos and found our hotel which is about 15 minutes from where S.O.A.R. is being held. The first night was a little rocky. I won't go into gore details . I must say I was surprised at the layout of the Wilkes Barre Airport. The rental car pickup was so close to the baggage claim I left M to fish for he luggage while I rented the car and still made it over to the luggage claim in time to snatch my bag . That's convenience. The drive down wasn't bad. It sure is pretty around here.

Today we went exploring a few little towns around here. We found a fabulous fruit stand where they have wonderful apples, banana bread and pumpkin bread. We also had lunch at a local brew pub. If you ever find yourself out in Tannersville PA be sure to stop by the Barley Creek Pub and order a Chicken Mcshea!!

Tomorrow is our first day of workshops. I am looking forward to seeing everyone. I will take lots of pictures and post them for everyone to see. If I get some free time (which I might) I will post some new things on the Etsy site. A few items have fallen off of the page and need to be replaced. Thursday we are going to find some LYS and LBS. Why not check out what the locals do.

Lastly Oh My God the fall color is breath taking!!! I'll try to capture it on digital but I don't think it will ever be as beautiful as it is right now.

No comments: