Thursday, June 10, 2010

It's time for the Estes Park Wool Festival and Market

Ok everytime I go to one of these cool events I promise to try to live blog.. this time I won't... I can't - no cell phone reception. I will try to nightly blog - how is that? The trip up here to Estes Park was a trip! I had really cool thunderstorms with finger lightening (haven't seen any of that since Wisconsin) And of course everything was lush and green. There wasn't any wind between Chugwater and Ft. Collins which was very unusual. I usually hit 50mph with higher gusts going through that route...it was nice today-probably because of the storms. I saw a double rainbow! Very cool and while enjoying the rainbow I listened to the National Weather Service Tornado Warning... oh joy! I even got to use my rusty California driving skills in traffic. Since I left work 4 hours plus late [ugly story of the past two days are omited from this blog] I got to drive the last two hours in the dark... and the last hour of it was a thrill ride! New Moon... no stars... no lights... and because of the terrain it was like driving through a pitch black tunnel with the only light the reflection of my headlights on the double yellow line on the road in switch back mountain roads. I can't wait to see it in the day! I want to know what I missed. Part way up the mountain I passed what looked like mountain/rock climbers - not sure if they were going up or coming down. From what I hear (sounds like home) the river is raging out here... I got glimpses of it on my way up.

Tomorrow I'll check out the wool market. I need to find Susan (Susan's Fiber Shop in Bristol, Wisconsin) and give her the sample of cleaned, carded and spun Teeswater from the bag of fleece she handed me when I visited her shop back in March. It's really nice stuff... it's just like Yearling mohair only softer and easier to work with and has a beautiful luster! I hope she likes what I did to it!!

Ok well off to bed.. I have wool to drool over tomorrow...

No comments: